TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Your entry into this competition and/or your acceptance of a prize (in the event that you win a prize) constitutes your binding acceptance of the terms and conditions on behalf of yourself and any persons with whom you may share a prize.
2. The competition is not open to directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of the Hadjidakis Group of companies or any supplier of goods or services in connection with a competition and the spouse, life partner, business partner or associate or the natural or adopted parent, child, or sibling, of any of the persons specified above.
3. Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain permission from their parents or guardians before entering.
4. It is your responsibility to ensure that your entry is received by us prior to the closure of the competition. Any entries not received by us prior to the closure of the competition will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry.
5. Any costs or expenses which you may incur other than in respect of those items specifically included in a prize are for your own account.
6. It is your responsibility to ensure that any information which you provide to us is accurate, complete and up to date. Should any of the data provided by yourself in connection with this competition prove to be invalid, inaccurate, false or misleading, your entry shall be disregarded.
7. We do not make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly or implicitly, as to a prize, and in particular, but without limitation, make no representations and give no warranty that –
7.1.1 your entry or participation in the competition will necessarily result in you winning a prize;
7.1.2 a prize, or any aspect thereof, will meet your, or, if applicable, your partner’s, requirements, preferences, standards or expectations; or
7.1.3 a prize, or any aspect thereof, will be satisfactory, punctual, free from defects, safe or reliable.
8. We and our affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of a prize or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
9. Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item
10. You may not win a prize if it is unlawful for us to supply such a prize to you. If you do win such a prize, you will forfeit it.
11. You must possess whatever documents and permissions that may be required in order to accept and use a prize, including, as regards international travel, a valid passport and all necessary visa and travel documentation, which documents and permissions it is your responsibility to obtain at your own cost, and which documents and permissions must remain valid in such minimum form and for such minimum period after the prize date as may be required by the relevant authorities. Your passport should have a validity of a minimum of six months following your return and have at least three blank pages.
12. Competition starts on 7 October 2017 and ends on 5 November 2017. Winners will be drawn by way of a lucky draw and be notified telephonically by no later than 19 November 2017. Winners will be announced on social media and local press. Should we be unable to contact a winner within 30 days or if the winner is unable to collect the prize within 60 days, the winner will forfeit the prize and we reserve the right to re-draw a new winner under the same conditions.
13. We may require you to provide us with such additional information and documentation as we may reasonably require in order to process, confirm and facilitate your acceptance and/or use of a prize. If you refuse to provide us with the requested information or documentation, you will forfeit the prize.
14. In the event that you win a prize provided by a third party supplier, the supplier will contact you to arrange the necessary. In this regard, you must collect the prize at the time and date arranged with the supplier of the prize. All correspondence regarding the prize must be directed at the supplier of the prize. We will not be responsible for any further correspondence, harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of the prize.
15. You agree that your participation in the competition, and your acceptance and/or use of a prize, or any aspect thereof, is at your own risk.
16. We and our affiliates will not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by your participation in the competition or the acceptance and/or use by you, or your partner (if applicable), of any prize, or by any action taken by us or any of our affiliates in accordance with the terms and conditions.
17. You acknowledge that the acceptance and use of a prize is subject to the proviso that –
17.1 all of the terms and conditions will apply to both you and your partner (if applicable), and you will ensure that your partner agrees to be bound and complies, and will continue to comply, therewith;
17.2 you will take full responsibility for your partner;
17.3 you indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by your partner or any third party in the event that your partner suffers any loss or damage pursuant to your partner’s acceptance and/or use of a prize;
17.4 any minor will be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
18. These terms and conditions will be construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of contract and dispute resolution in the Republic of South Africa
19. J&M Famous Biltong and the judges’ decision on any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered into.
The first prize for this competition is a cruise for 4 people in 2 Ocean View cabins aboard the MSC Sifonia. The cruise departs from Cape Town on 13 January 2018 and returns to Cape Town on 15 January 2018. These dates are subject to change (within a similar time frame) at the discretion of MSC Cruises.
The prize includes:
– Accommodation for 4 Adults only in a Category O1 Ocean View Cabin
– All meals & entertainment on board
– R10 000 spending money
– Tea, coffee & juice with breakfast and drinks available from the self service drink stations
– Port, baggage, insurance and service charges for all passengers
The prize excludes:
– Flights to and from Cape Town
– Transfers to and from Cape Town Harbour
– All other drinks not mentioned above
– Optional shore excursions
– All items of a personal nature
– All passengers will require valid passports for this cruise
– No visas are required for South African passport holders
– This prize is not transferable
The second prize for this competition is a 3 course spit braai for 20 people, provided at a destination confirmed by the winner. The date of the spitbraai must be on a date that is agreed upon between the winner and the supplier. This prize includes R1000 cash for refreshments and alcoholic beverages.
The third prize for this competition is a two tier biltong and droewors combination cake.
SPOT PRIZES AND VOUCHERS:
Throughout the month of October 2017, customers can win in-store spot prizes and vouchers at certain J&M stores.
HOW TO ENTER:
Purchase any products to the value of R75 or more at any J&M Famous Biltong store nationwide. Write your full name, contact number and email address on the back of your till slip and then place your till slip in the entry box provided at the store.